Monday, March 2, 2009

3/2/09 Cobb Salad Triple-Decker Sandwich


Sorry it has been a few days since I have really "cooked" anything. I had some things going on, so we have been warming up things and eating them.

It snowed quite a bit yesterday, and my son is in daycare today. So I wanted to fix something sort of easy that my husband would love. I really wanted to make a soup or vegetable stew, but then I remembered I had some avocados I bought the other day. Avocados are great eating, but have a extremely low life expectancy. Unless there is some way of keeping them around longer, if there is please share it with me!

I used this recipe on the Rachael Ray website (of course):


This sandwich layers things my husband loves such as avocados, tomato, and blue cheese. The recipe is so easy...the only thing I would change is instead of pouring the dressing on top, just put it on the sandwich. It makes it easier to eat, and the sandwich will look more appealing imo. My husband also said to use less blue cheese than called for.
I served with home fries in olive oil, herbs and salt.

So 2 thumbs up for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment