Thursday, February 19, 2009

2/18/09 Vegetarian Rachael Ray

I wasn't sure how much Rachael Ray knew abuot vegetarian since most days she is whipping up steak or some other meat. Plus, when I first started cooking I had a very bad result in a bean burger recipe, so this recipe for Sloppy Veg-Head Joe made me nervous. But you know me, I decided to try it. Here is the link:
http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=2038
This recipe was SO easy to make, and it made a ton. It most definitely serves four. I used serrano peppers instead of jalapenos thinking it would be mild enough for me to eat, but they were still hot for me.
I did manage to find some fire-roasted tomatoes, but I couldn't tell if they really made a huge difference. Crushed prolly would have been cheaper.
This recipe got 2 huge thumbs from my husband and one from me, so I guess that is 3 thumbs from 2 people lol.

1 comment:

  1. FYI--serrano peppers are usually 2-3x hotter than jalapeno peppers. :)

    Go here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale for an explanation of the Scoville heat index for peppers. You can find more info on websites like About Cooking and Epicurious, but that is a pretty good chart.

    ReplyDelete