Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2/17/09 Low Cost egg/hash recipe

I chose this recipe because everyone says eggs are a cheap staple to make, and we are trying our best to save some money. Plus I always have some kielbasa or sausage lying around. This is another Rachael Ray recipe, so please don't hate on me for loving Rachael. Somtimes I get on a kick with a certain cookbook or website, and will cook from it for a month before I get tired of it. This seems to be the case with the Rachael Ray website and myself.
Here is the recipe for Campfire hash:
http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=2484
This was really easy to make. The only problem I had was that even with occasional stirring, everything was sticking to the bottom of the pan. I was using a dutch oven instead of a skillet; that may have had something to do with it (I don't know). But since I couldn't let anything sit for too long without the sticky going on, I had to make the eggs scrambled inside the mix instead of cooking them over easy. Big Deal.
This got one thumbs up from me, my husband didn't like the sausage I used (Ukraine or German I forget, but it wasn't kielbasa). Otherwise I think he would have liked it.
VERY EASY, VERY CHEAP!

2 comments:

  1. Hey JAG, did you use the jalapeno in as well? We're not "spicey" types of people but otherwise this sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used serrano peppers instead. I rarely use anything hotter than that, I have a really sensitve mouth!

    ReplyDelete