Thursday, April 9, 2009

4/2 Citrus-Soy Chicken Stir Fry

On the Rachael Ray website you can find this under Citrus-Soy Chicken, Pork or Shrimp Stir Fry.
I used the packaged pre-cooked chicken strips you get in a bag at the grocery. This cut down on the cooking time, and made this recipe super-fast. I had to buy frozen edamame because I could not find fresh, but I just thawed them a little before using.
This is the best stir-fry I have made in years. We both loved it, and I will be making it again!

2 comments:

  1. Did you reduce the oil since you were using pre-cooked meat? If so, how much did you use?

    Also, how much sauce does this make? I don't like a lot of sauce in my stir fry--just enough to coat the meat and veggies. Do you think I could cut the sauce in half? This would eliminate a LOT of carbs/sugar from the orange marmalade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It had been a week since I made this so I probably didn't explain well enough- since I used pre cooked meat I did not add until AFTER the veggies were cooked. So I probably only used 1-1/2 T. oil.
    I do remember thinking that it looked like a lot of sauce, but after added it was not excessive. I had let it cook for a while, but it didn't really reduce or anything. If you cut the sauce in half, that would be fine. It would just taste more like veggies and meat and less like soy sauce. lol

    ReplyDelete